As we all know by now, Big Bang‘s Seungri is currently embroiled in a bit of a sex scandal due to pictures published by Japanese tabloid FRIDAY.
While the reaction internationally hasn’t been harsh at all, with most people besides delusional VIPs expressing either a lack of care or simple bemusement, his actions will be affecting his reputation (and Big Bang’s) in Korea.
1. [+665, -152] Do the people that are defending him for “being an adult” have no brains? Is he dating the girl he’s in a scandal with? No, it’s completely a one night stand. Even if he were dating her because he loved her, it’d still be scandalous. Do you think one night stands are morally right? Do you? Since when was our country this neutral to one night stands? And wasn’t Seungri an idol member? He’s someone that can influence teens ㅋㅋㅋ Or maybe he’s just an idol when he’s sucking the money out of his fans? There are a lot of people with a weird head on their shoulders… I really wonder how many people there will be saying “It’s okay, she’s an adult”, if the situation was reversed and it was a female idol, not Seungri.
2. [+1,269, -421] How is it that nearly all of the members are delinquents in this group? Is Taeyang the only one left now?ㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+450, -75] I’m not as surprised about the fact that he had a one night, but moreso about him being a pervert~.. It must be embarrassing for him to be on shows with other female celebrities later.
So yeah, we all laugh it off because, I mean, who gives a shit about the fact that he fucked a groupie, right? But it’ll have an adverse effect on his reputation in Korea, because that type of shit is taken a lot more seriously there, as the comments show.
Additionally, like with the T-ara bullying scandal, now that netizens have found a villain to ruin, they’ve set their sights on everything Seungri has allegedly ever done wrong.
One incident in particular that led to criticism was him getting on his hands and knees to greet Takei Emi on “Sakigake Ongaku Banzuke“.
1. [+29, -2] Was it absolutely necessary for him to put his head to the floor and bow to her in such a manner? I pray that people don’t think that he did it just to be funny (it wasn’t even a necessary part of the show). Do people not know what the sentiments are like between Korea and Japan right?
YG, do you not monitor these things?… It won’t be long before Big Bang becomes the second Supernova.
< A list of disrespectful things Seungri has said in Japan >
a. He said he respected AKB48 at an event (Really? “respect”?)
b. To Oguri Shun, he said that he wanted to change his name to Oguri Seung
c. He told EXILE that Korean dancers look up to them and that they practice their dancing while watching their videos
d. He told everyone on a Japanese variety show that all Korean men wear insoles.
2. [+19, -1] The other members of Big Bang don’t go that far, so why is he acting like that? It’s really hard to like him
NOT ONLY DOES HE LACK MORALS BUT HE LOVES THOSE DIRTY MONKEYS
Then, of course, just like in every society, somebody busts out the “think of the kids” shit.
And to all of those brainless fans that are saying it doesn’t matter if an adult male has a one night with a female… Is Seungri some nobody? He’s someone that has the power to influence the youth. People follow everything idols do lately, and because of you dumb fangirls, they’re going to grow up thinking that when everyone grows up, everyone has one night stands like the norm.
IMAGINE THE HORROR
IF PEOPLE THINK FUCKING WAS NORMAL
OUR BIRTHRATE MIGHT NOT BE SHIT