The label confirmed that he had not smoked it himself, revealing, “At first, the prosecutors suspected him of smoking it himself and ran a drug test on his hair and urine. However, all his tests came back negative. He was acquitted on the charge that he smoked marijuana, and was investigated for the other charges.”
The agency also apologized for his actions, saying, “Daniel immaturely and thoughtlessly believed that as long as he did not smoke himself, it wasn’t a big crime, and that’s what led to this incident.” They also stated that he admitted to the charges and was complying actively with the police and prosecutors’ investigations. The label added, “He’s currently deeply reflecting on his actions. He feels guilty that he acted rashly and committed such a big crime.”
“Daniel has not received a court sentence yet, but he does not want to make excuses for his mistakes. He wants to pay the consequences under the law, and the staff is supportive of his decision. We plan to help him mature as a member of society in the future.”
Okay, so all that is still incredibly dumb, but he was cleared by the police in terms of using by being drug tested, so there’s reason to believe his story. Though honestly, believing this would only mean that he’s an idiot of epic proportions. :o
Anyway, the update is that he is now claiming that he did not actually sell the marijuana either, but rather was basically introducing/referring dealers/clients.
Update: Daniel did not “sell” marijuana but rather is described as a intermediary.
There’s not much clarification beyond that, so who knows if he was getting compensated for his role or whatever else. Either way, now his epic street cred has taken a hit.
RIP Rock Slangin’ Daniel Of DMTN
1. [+426, -6] These Dalmatian guys really don’t get a break
2. [+398, -37] D(ae)M(a)T(aewoon)N(om) = TN: Guy who smoked marijuana
3. [+323, -5] What the… It hasn’t even been that long since they changed their group name from Dalmatian to DMTN to do better.. Seems like it doesn’t matter how hard you try if your fate says you won’t make it anyway
1. [+177, -2] So he didn’t smoke it but he hooked up sellers… That’s a bigger crime than smoking marijuana. What an idiot…
2. [+143, -11] I thought it was the actor Choi Daniel for a second. He should apologize to him.
3. [+122, -5] Just like the pimps are worse than the actual act of selling your body, selling marijuana is worse than the actual act of smoking. Kids like him call themselves celebrities… what will our youth grow up learning? Seeing as how his name is Daniel, he must be trash that came from overseas
1. [+273, -13] Selling and introduction ㅋㅋㅋ What does he think, he’s 1 or 2 years old? How in the world could he not have thought that was a crime? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+226, -11] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ There can’t be an idiot more idiotic than him ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+188, -12] Reflection is not enough for celebrities with marijuana issues ㅡㅡ
1. [+105, -3] This is not the Daniel I clicked into the article for… Who is DMTN?
2. [+59, -1] Is it the trend for rookie groups to promote themselves with scandals lately…
3. [+53, -0] Who is he?
4. [+9, -0] The music industry has become so stagnant. There are more singers that you don’t know than you actually know.
5. [+8, -0] This nugu is getting his name known with marijuana… I thought they were talking about the actor Choi Daniel at first.
It’s almost as if most of them either feel bad for the group or think this is some company-generated scandal to use as noise marketing.
That’s the upside of this, but the problem is, of course, that if DMTN ever do get big, this will come back to haunt them, him specifically.
Speaking of the future, well, now they’re sort of fucked.
The group had initially planned on releasing a new album in May, but with Daniel being swept up in controversy, there is no doubt that plans may be changing.
2Works commented, “We have not yet received the final ruling on Daniel’s involvement. However, Daniel wants to pay the consequences and carry out the punishment dealt to him for his wrongdoing… For the time being, we are currently looking for individual activities the members can carry out without Daniel. For the members who are currently already carrying out activities, they will be continuing with them.”
On Daniel’s current state, the agency added, “He is feeling very sorry to the company, the members, and those around him. The shock he has received is great. We think he’ll need to find some stableness.”
So far, there is no report about any of their schedules being canceled, so it remains to be seen whether things will stay that way, and if the members will promote without Daniel at group events.
When keepin’ it real goes wrong.