So Kim Tae Woo went on KBS 2TV‘s “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook” and talked about his married life because everybody always asks him about his married life.
Curious fans can’t seem to get enough anecdotes about his married life. Kim Tae Woo shared, “Marriage is 50/50 in terms of pros and cons. First off, my heart becomes more comfortable, and I get to start fresh and work harder. I don’t end up wasting money. But the bad thing is that I have to share the money I earn.”
Forgive me if I’m wrong here, since I skimmed through the video, but to me it appears that the ENTIRE interview is done in a typical light-hearted manner. So all he did was make a basic-ass joke about marriage that everybody has heard before.
Yet, it caused a bit of controversy anyway, the reaction to which you can see in the comments on the article.
1. [+275, -153] What’s wrong with the women in our country? They’re so hypocritical because if this was about any other topic, they’d call the people hating on the star pathetic but just because it concerns them, they’re baring their teeth at him when he meant it as a joke. Look at your own hypocrisy before you vote me down…
2. [+188, -189] I don’t know how appropriate that is to say after impregnating his wife… Maybe because I’m a married woman myself but I lost all interest in him after watching him say that.
3. [+169, -103] It does suck to share, it does… Imagine yourself working all day while your husbands sit at home.
4. [+165, -156] Then don’t make money. Or don’t get married. What does he want?
5. [+159, -56] People are taking something he said as a joke way too seriously…
So okay, K-netizens can argue about it or whatever, because they’re reading just the words of the journalist, but even they seem to have sniffed out what happened.
So given that Netizen Buzz ALREADY TRANSLATED the comments of K-netizens for I-netizens, where two of the top five mention that he’s fucking around, surely the international community will have a reasonable reaction to all this because they have a much more liberal sense of humor than those uptight asshole K-netizens they rally against, right?
“I would be so embarrassed if my husband said something like this.”
Well, maybe his wife isn’t an uptight bitch with no sense of humor who spends her time obsessively pouring over every comment her husband makes and takes one “oh, lol, my wife takes my money, woe is me” joke during an interview and reads into it that he hates all women and that’s she’s a lazy fat whore?
Jesus fucking Christ.
Here’s the thing, intelligent and successful women tend not to be insecure as fuck, so I’m betting his wife doesn’t give a shit. But hey, I-netizens should keep projecting. Their reaction to his tongue-in-cheek jab says more about them than it does about him or his wife.
Yes, what a forward thinking person! That’s the most feminist thing you progressive international netizens have ever said! She’s such an accomplished woman … so if she wanted she could marry a REALLY REALLY REALLY rich man, not just a rich man!
So much more independent and progressive than K-netizen simpletons!