BEAST‘s Hyunseung is the worst idol in history or something, at least according to an 18-part fan rant on Pann. Of course, in reality, all the rant really seemed to reveal is that he’s an awesome idol and somebody worth stanning. I had not realized that before, so thanks to this Pann post for helping me see the light.
The Pann post is done in accusation/rebuttal format by fans, and I’m writing about this because I was tricked into reading it all yesterday and now you must as well.
“1. He keeps skipping his parts or changing it (the same parts he’s had since 2012) like ho! or actually changing the lyrics
– Hyunseung said so on radio that he likes to make live performances different since that’s the joy of watching lives
2. He’ll randomly stop following the choreography and break out into random dances on his own, making the other members look like backdancers
– He said so on TV that he has difficulty controlling his energy on stage because he gets so excited and into the music
3. On the contrary, during free dance parts of performances, he’ll refuse to move for 1 minute with his hat covering his face
– This only happened at the Gocheok dome performance and it wasn’t during a free dance part but a part during the performance when they were switching/walking to other parts of the stage, and it happened for less than a minute
4. He skipped a $1,600 fan meet to meet a woman (dongsaeng is only speculation)
– Cube already gave feedback that the fan meet itself wasn’t $1,600 but a component of a tourist package and that Hyunseung had talked to them prior to the fan meet about having to miss out that day. His dongsaeng also uploaded on Instagram that he was indeed meeting with her.
5. Fans have been asking him for clarifications but all he does is press ‘like’ on Instagram
– No one can know whether he actually saw those fan comments asking for feedback when he was pressing ‘like’ on other Instagrams
6. That morning, he was up with Rado drinking with other women
– While it is true that he was with Rado, it is unfounded as to whether he was with other women as well
7. At B2ST’s 6th anniversary broadcast, he picked a question and vented at fans by talking about his cafe scandal as the most memorable part of his 6 years and saying that he has a private life too. Members were taken off guard and tried to cover for him.
– If you watch the actual video, he doesn’t sound like he’s venting or angry at all. And while the members were taken aback, they just said, “I can see that~ I can see that”
8. Put up a Black Nut song and fans asked him why he would do that and he answered back to them that Black Nut is jjang
– He uploaded the song on the day of Black Nut’s ‘SMTM’ battle with Song Minho. Other than calling his stage jjang, there’s no instance of Hyunseung supporting any rebellious behavior.
9. B2ST had a V app stream to show them rehearsing for their concert but he played with his cellphone for the entire 5 minutes
– He played with his phone for 2 minutes, and the point of the stream anyway was to show them rehearsing for their concert and it looked like he was listening to music on his phone anyway.
10. Refused to talk during their comeback Starcast. A fan eventually asked him to say something for 30 seconds and he said it was too long and that he didn’t want to. The other members asked him to at least say something and he said he would talk for 5 seconds and talked while counting down 5 seconds on his hand
– He never said he didn’t want to, just that it’d be hard for him to. It’s not like Hyunseung is the talkative type.
11. On a Japanese broadcast, the members were asked to draw something memorable to them and all he did was sign his autograph with a ^^ (with all the other members gave in addition to their drawings). When asked why, he said that it was because he can’t draw (not like the other members can either but they still did it).
– It’s true that he gave his autograph because he’s bad at drawing and he still gave a meaningful response as to why he did that. It was because he really can’t draw and the ^^ was there to symbolize how happy he was in 2015.
12. At a concert overseas, there was a brief moment to congratulate a member’s birthday but he stood there with his arms crossed and did nothing. Didn’t even sing along with the birthday song.
– In fancams, you can see him clapping along when the song starts while just staring in the middle and then clapping again once the song is over.
13. A member told everyone to stand in their choreography formation and everyone changed positions but Hyunseung stayed blocking the camera in the front to fix his hair.
– He was fixing his hair because the song hadn’t come on yet. It was during their ‘Shadow’ days. He also didn’t block the camera, he was actually standing next to Junhyung but looked forward to fix his hair once he realized the camera wasn’t on yet.
14. B2ST has given new year greetings every year but Hyunseung refused to group up for the group photo. The other members were all separate but got together when the camera turned on.
– The picture wasn’t supposed to be a group picture, the members were taking personal selcas and then decided to take one together without Hyunseung.
15. Fans asked him what was going on on his Instagram but all he did was ‘like’ a picture of a middle finger
– There’s no proof that the ‘like’ was meant for his fans to see. He’s always pressed like on pictures of songs and album covers, and the middle finger was also a new album cover.
16. He knows that his minor fans are watching his Instagram account and yet he still presses ‘like’ on pictures of women’s breasts and follows sexy picture accounts
– Any Instagram users should know that you can accidentally like pictures when you’re scrolling down. Hyunseung must’ve liked it on accident because he canceled his like right away.
– Also, the accounts aren’t just nude pictures but photography accounts
17. He took a picture of himself driving while driving (illegal)
– Once again, we have no idea of telling of whether he recorded the picture while driving or while sitting in the back behind the driver. It is all speculation at this point.
18. During the group’s interview in Australia, the agency said to not ask questions to Jang Hyunseung so he didn’t say anything other than the greeting. While other members were talking, he was checking his tattoos and looking distracted.
– There is no proof that the agency told them not to ask him questions but even if they did and that was why he didn’t talk, there’s nothing wrong with that.
– Foreign fans also said that he looked like he was sick and didn’t look well.”
This is amazing.
The first two points here are basically mad about the fact that Hyunseung dares to ad-lib during live performances instead of just robotically performing his part over-and-over again. You’d think out of all the people who might appreciate this, it’d be the people who see the same performances 500 times a week, but nooo.
Then there’s the complaint about him in five, which basically whines that Hyunseung doesn’t respond to fans complaining to him on Instagram. Yeah, I can’t imagine why he wouldn’t cater to the needs of those psychopaths.
But 15 and 16 are what makes Hyunseung a true hero, liking Instagram pictures that (allegedly) tell off fans for their annoying shit and then (allegedly) showing them all the boobs he actually wants to motorboat rather than waste time replying to asinine questions about why he’s not more like whichever robot oppa.
The only thing that could’ve made him better is if he actually did ditch a fanmeet to meet up with some strange instead of his sister. For shame.
Anyway, thank you, random Pann netizen, for showing me the light on Hyunseung. No longer just HyunA‘s bitch boy to me anymore. So grateful.