Report says sexual assault charges against Yoochun were dropped, police deny

Yoochun

Yoochun of JYJ was recently accused of sexual assault and was under investigation by police, but it had been reported by Sports Donga that the alleged victim and her boyfriend had dropped charges against him.

Ms. Lee’s boyfriend spoke to Sports Donga today, June 14 KST, stating, “We submitted a document to an affiliate of the Seoul Gangnam Police station today at around 6:30 p.m. stating [we] are dropping the charges.” He continued, “An accident happened when A (Ms. Lee) was drunk. When I heard about the accident that day, I got mad and that’s why [we] filed the charges. However, [I] thought it was our fault for not finding out the exact situation of what happened before and after and that’s why the charges were canceled.” The boyfriend continued, “[I] didn’t want outsiders to know when I was filing the charges, but as the incident got reported, the situation got of out hand. A is under a state of shock, and too large of a damage was incurred by the other side.” According to the report, A’s side was planning to directly submit the cancellation to the Seoul Gangnam Police Station, which is in charge of this case, but the police allowed A’s side to relay the cancellation from an undisclosed location in Seoul.

It was basically a recantation of the accusation because they say they made it while they were drunk and angry.

While fans proceeded to go nuts and basically stopped short of calling for them to be murdered for this, C-JeS Entertainment had a measured take on it, probably because they didn’t get any official word of any of this actually going down.

In response to this report, C-JeS Entertainment, released an official statement on behalf of Park Yoochun, stating, “Park Yoochun has not received neither the initial notification of charges filed nor of the cancellation from the police.” It continued, “As we stated yesterday, the charges were one-sided claims that had yet to be verified. As we continuously stated, Park Yoochun is above suspicion, and due to a rash report, he has received serious damage to his name.”

Then the police came into the fray just moments ago and said they heard the reports and got a ton of inquiries on it but that none of it was true.

On June 14, the Gangnam Police Station officially stated, “We’re receiving information about the withdrawal through media reports, but a withdrawal has not been filed with us,” adding, “We have not received any of these forms. What’s been reported is not true.” The police also commented, “We do not know if the related news is true or false. The information is not in the police report.” The department that handles crimes against women and children further stated, “We have not investigated the security CCTV footage from the business’ hall that the victim referred to. Firstly, we will summon the victim to confirm the situation, and afterwards, we’ll have to investigate the accused Yoochun in order to have a general outline.”

I was literal minutes away from running an article on the alleged victim and her boyfriend withdrawing charges before the police offered their denials, and now I honestly have no idea what is going on.

Did Sports Donga just fabricate that interview with the boyfriend? Did the boyfriend just lie for who knows what reason? Is the couple going to withdraw charges but the police didn’t get their submission yet? Maybe, but the police sounded awful sure that nothing Sports Donga reported was, in fact, true. Honestly, I have no idea what wires got crossed here, but something weird happened.

Just, uh, wait for the dust to settle cause this somehow got even messier than I was anticipating in the span of just an hour. As of now, despite everything that’s just unfolded, we’re basically back at square one and absolutely nothing about this case has officially changed.

About IATFB

IATFB
Thot Leader™