— 워너원 해명해 (@Pip1uM4tQ43Tec5) March 19, 2018
A few minutes before WANNA ONE did a live broadcast on Mnet, the camera turned on before it seemed anybody was ready. Member Park Woo Jin held up a selfie stick like a mic and pretended to do an interview with the members. It was … a work of art.
Park Woo Jin: Till here.
Park Ji Hoon: Why can’t we be free?
Kang Daniel: Why can’t we get payment?
Ha Sung Woon: (Laughing)
Park Ji Hoon: Why do we only receive 20%?
Ong Sung Woo: Why can’t we sleep?
Park Ji Hoon: Why are the schedules so packed?
Ong Sung Woo: Why can’t we sleep?
Kang Daniel: Hyung, is Mad Clown coming?
Ong Sung Woo : Yo!
Staff: Everyone, can we move to a place where you can do live broadcast?
Kang Daniel: I pooped this morning!
Park Ji Hoon: Let’s reveal my phone number.
Ha Sung Woon: Let me curse in advance, fuck fuck fuck.
Park Woo Jin (To Staff): Where to?
Park Ji Hoon: [Phone Number] is my number. Save it.
Park Woo Jin (To Staff?): Okay, I’m here in Thailand. Let’s meet the natives.
Lai Kuan Lin: Sorento 9821, what were you doing in front of our house yesterday? Answer me, Sorento 9821! Stop coming to our house!
Netizens were predictably not happy.
1. [+1,254, -100] What were they thinking of their fans when they said all this? Even if he didn’t know that he was on air, why would he say things like “call me” after showing his number and things like, “I better get all my swearing out before getting on air” ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ totally ruined their comeback day
2. [+1,211, -81] I was so shocked when I heard them say “I better get all my swearing out before getting on air f*ck f*ck” ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+1,129, -79] This shatters my image of them
4. [+224, -17] There were a ton of staff with them and yet they were acting like clowns ㅋㅋㅋㅋ why did Kang Daniel say “I took a crap” totally shattered his image for me
5. [+202, -26] Kang Daniel “I took a crap” ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ well it’s about time that stupid fangirls woke up from their delusions. We already knew he was nothing more special than Yook Jidam since he dated her and all ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ obviously his stupid fangirls are still going to shield him everything despite it all ^^ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ have fun wasting all your money on him ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ And whining about why they aren’t allowed to get any sleep… ㅋㅋㅋ let’s see if you’re still whining about that when all you have time for is sleep because you’re not popular ㅋㅋㅋ Let’s be real, you guys have nothing going for you after you disband other than Kang Daniel ㅋㅋ the rest of you are nobodies
While not mentioned in the transcript from the article, somebody was allegedly heard joking about handjobs from sasaengs.
7. [+199, -16] #1 The biggest problem is that when someone asked why there were sasaengs, another asked “Free handjobs?!?!?!”… no matter how bad of people sasaengs are, why would you say that about them? #2 Some of this behavior would’ve been excusable if they were in their private dorms but… all their staff were there around them and yet they were still whining about work, swearing, taking a dump… I just can’t shield these two things.
People are currently debating whether this was said and who said it, but either way, I just can’t find it in me to get worked up over a joke at the expense of what is basically a stalker of theirs.
For my money, the worst thing actually said was the crack at Thailand, which looks worse than it reads when given context.
Another was heard apparently mocking the Thai language, speaking indistinguishably in a strong accent after saying, “We’re here now in Thailand.”
This deserves to be apologized for, but they probably won’t address it because I honestly think a lot of their fans don’t mind that as much.
Also, one thing that nobody seemed to care about that I do want feedback on is that they apparently aren’t getting paid and feel overworked. Still, I understand the focus on shit taking, calling out sasaengs, and swearing a whole bunch because let’s be honest, it’s fucking funny. It’s just great theater for a bystander, which will surely be a mess for WANNA ONE, but is still the best shit they’ve done to date.
Staff: Okay, we’re about to go live guys
Wanna One: pic.twitter.com/iMuFaYiQ1M
— 🦋 (@jinsouldaiIy) March 19, 2018
WANNA ONE have released an apology.
Hello. It’s Wanna One. We’ve posted this to personally say sorry to the fans who loved and cheered for us. We are sorry for disappointing you by showing you all a not good side of us during today’s live broadcast. We will deeply reflect on this matter. In the future, we will be cautious of our actions and act politely anywhere and we will be a more mature Wanna One. We will not forget the execessive love you gave on us and we will be showing you with more good side of ourselves. Again, we would like to say sorry for disappointing you and causing worries.
Thank you for your service.