Body of studio head in Yang Ye Won case found, petitions for her to be punished emerge

It was earlier reported that the studio head accused in the Yang Ye Won case had jumped into a river and left a suicide note. Police have now revealed that his body has been found.

A search has been underway since Monday for the 42-year-old man who worked at a local photography studio, after police received a report earlier that day from a witness saying he saw a person jump into the Bukhan River northwest of Seoul. The man, whose identity was not disclosed, was under police investigation over allegations that he sexually molested and forcibly took photos of Yang Ye-won in lewd poses in 2015. The allegation went viral as Yang publicly accused him of the misconduct in an emotional YouTube clip in May this year. The Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency said Thursday his body was found after it emerged from water under the Amsa Bridge in Guri, just east of Seoul, at around 7:40 a.m. A construction worker discovered the body and called 119, police said. They identified him by referring to his ID.

Perhaps unsurprisingly petitions have emerged to have Yang Ye Won prosecuted, basically putting responsibility for his death on her. Korean netizens are rather split on the issue, and international netizens are somewhat sympathetic to them as well.

Again, while his death is unfortunate, I don’t quite understand where this sympathy is coming from. Not only are there now eight acccusers, but he was fined just last year for inappropriately touching a model, was accused of the same in 2008 but had his case suspended, and the police openly questioned the veracity of the leaked text exchange.

I’m not saying I know anything for sure regarding the future of the Yang Ye Won case, but what I am saying is it doesn’t seem logical to give this dude the benefit of the doubt.

About IATFB

IATFB
Thot Leaderâ„¢