About seven years ago, it was revealed that KARA‘s Hara and BEAST‘s Yong Junhyung were in a relationship.
A couple years later, about six months after they broke up, Hara was asked on ‘Radio Star‘ about the relationship in the show’s typical provoking manner over and over, and her pissed reaction to eventually being labeled a ‘dating-dol’ basically ended KARA’s image in Korea.
1. [+7,668, -377] I was so taken aback while watching TV… She cried and ruined the atmosphere over something that wasn’t even a big deal
2. [+6,997, -272] Yup, this girl’s a mess.. she thinks crying will shield her from disses.
3. [+6,264, -258] Obviously something’s up for her to be crying like that. Kyuhyun and the other MCs looked so awkward. And who does Han Seungyeon think she is butting in like that? Such a mess
4. [+3,146, -94] An awesome display of broadcast attitude ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Forget the crying, why did she even throw the water bottle?
5. [+2,921, -92] Why agree to the show if you’re going to sit there and cry. Nobody even made a big deal out of it and she’s squeezing out tears.
6. [+2,826, -82] Never come out on TV. I don’t want to see your face ever again. You think you’re a princess? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ So disrespectful
7. [+2,738, -75] It was hilarious how hard Han Seungyeon took it ㅋㅋㅋ
8. [+2,666, -67] Crying won’t make your dating controversy go away. And you obviously fully know that Radio Star is a diss program so what did you think would happen if you cried? Cry all you want, cry for 100 days, your controversy isn’t going away.
Was Hara unnecessarily emotional about shit? Sure, and I’m glad there’s definitely nothing in the history of Korean entertainment that would make me wonder why a female celebrity wouldn’t want dating rumors attached to them. Nor has it ever been a thing in Korea to label female celebrities who may have ever been sexually active as whores or something like that. Oh hey, totally unrelated, but anytime you can cape for the show that has a host who called comfort women “prostitutes” just a year prior, you gotta do it.
Anyway, while on ‘Radio Star’ recently, Junhyung was a guest and they just asked him about his old relationship.
1. [+385, -8] It’s been so long since they broke up, leave him alone
2. [+271, -7] This is why celebrities don’t want to go public. It gets used against them over and over.
3. [+216, -30] I always thought he could do better in every way
4. [+35, -1] Wow, is this really the best ‘Radio Star’ could come up with? Goo Hara isn’t relevant at all today.
5. [+35, -1] Junhyung has achieved so much in his time and yet they ask him such low grade questions
6. [+32, -1] Why not just ask him if he’s dating anyone new… why go back to something that’s been talked about to death… It’s been years…
7. [+23, -3] I always assumed he was just another tryhard idol more preoccupied with making himself look cool but he seems like a really good person after today’s episode
8. [+20, -1] Old news;;; I also think it’s rude to even be talking about her when she’s not there
9. [+18, -2] What’s the point in bringing up something that happened over 5 years ago?
10. [+13, -2] Why would Kim Guk Jin think that’s an appropriate question? How would he feel if he was grilled questions about his ex-wife?
Oh word? It’s rude and inappropriate to ask questions about relationships because it isn’t fun or clever now?