Earlier today, I explained that it seems like a lot of the netizen complaints about IU‘s supposed plagiarism controversy were just plain confused about the difference between her title track, “Twenty-Three“, and the track accused of plagiarism, “23“, from ‘The Producers‘ OST.
Perhaps, I thought, eventually calmer heads would prevail as netizens realized they were confused and this would sort of go away eventually.
What a dumbfuck I am for giving people the benefit of the doubt, because once again my pessimistic instinct to assume the worst in the general population proved correct, as they are now in full-blown witch-hunt mode.
1. [+1,800, -249] She actually has a lot more scandals than you think… really quite sly of her with the amount of times she’s just brushed it under the rug…
2. [+1,666, -217] As always, sly little IU… she was going to brush it under the rug if people never found it but if people did, “I was just looking for the right timing to tell you ㅠㅠ”
3. [+1,515, -164] I knew they’d go with the “we had no idea” excuse
Ah, but those are just the comments from Nate, which are notoriously troll-happy and negative. Surely the comments elsewhere will be more reasonable and with less upvotes, and…
1. [+16,000, -4,702] She’s had many more plagiarism controversies too ㅋㅋㅋ She’s no artist… is using someone else’s creation without permission and hoping not to get caught an artist now? She’s no different from Yoon Eun Hye’s scandal
2. [+14,081, -3,358] Well that’s the end of her cosplaying around as an artist
3. [+11,529, -2,362] Her stupid fans’ logic: Our IU is not an idol but a singer songwriter artist!!!! Your idols can’t do what she can!!!!
But when she gets into a plagiarism controversy, their logic turns into: Our IU only sang a song that someone else wrote for her ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Blame the composer, IU is not at fault ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
You guys do realize it’s not fair to call her a singer songwriter when it fits her when she’s really just an idol who sings a song written by someone else just like any other idol?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+11,820, -3,120] Farewell, IU-ssi…
5. [+9,300, -2,488] Bye-U~
…uh, oh. That’s a lot of upvotes, which means the bandwagon is piling up! Sorry, IU fans, but welcome to T-ara‘s hell if this doesn’t turn around quick.
You know shit is bad when netizens are just making up narratives to find a reason to hate on somebody. One top comment is saying that IU knew about this plagiarism so that’s why she refused to come out on music shows. As if she would perform an OST track and not her title track on music shows or something, which again proves they are just confused and stupid as fuck.
This is seriously all so dumb and it would be hilarious if this wasn’t another potential career ruined by dumbasses not understanding simple logic. Oh yeah, and I’m totally sure this entire attempt to “get” IU for the past month has nothing to do with the fact that she had a scandal in the past with a member of a boy band, she’s now dating, and she just released a title track shitting on netizens.