While we already knew that IU was hosting the 2015 SBS Gayo Daejun, we later found out that she would actually be performing “Twenty-Three“, which made it all even better. But in addition to that, they also added a segment with her and Ohhyuk performing “Gondry” just for topping on the troll desert, and the breathless foaming at the mouth hand-wringing HOT TAEK tears it all generated were as predictably delicious as you would’ve expected.
1. [+2,440, -371] Relax your eyes and neck. Stop trying to act like you’re so chic because you’re not.
2. [+2,235, -325] You could grill a lot of stuff on her with how thick her skin is
3. [+2,136, -291] They really had no one better to MC?
1. [+2,277, -398] The blame goes to the producers… such a pathetic decision on their end to cast her, I’m so sorry to all the children of the world. I don’t want to see some singer who sells pedophilia and sexualizes the abuse of children because all she cares about is making money in the end. Please… ㅠㅠ
2. [+2,305, -438] She looks so full of contempt
3. [+1,744, -256] Is she a goldfish? If she’s a singer, why didn’t she sing it herself instead of leaving the MR on and opening her mouth a few times? Even Yeeun who can’t sing for crap put some effort in and sang live…. tsk tsk tsk.
1. [+1,813, -256] Felt uncomfortable the entire time watching because it felt like she was attacking the public
2. [+1,704, -254] Fans are already praising her saying all a singer needs to be good at is singing ㅋㅋ But then again, the same logic was applied to Lee Santa with people claiming an actor just needs to be good at his job…
3. [+1,565, -242] Screw off
1. [+1,037, -152] Wow… look at her trying to act all pure in that botanical garden… makes me uncomfortable..
2. [+968, -150] The collab was great but she definitely doesn’t look as pretty as she used to in the past anymore. I felt uncomfortable watching her, I guess this is just a side effect of being a celebrity who is so reliant on her image
3. [+919, -178] This collab would’ve been daebak if she did it with Eunhyuk instead of Oh Hyuk ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
1. [+698, -95] She’s so strongheaded
2. [+646, -104] Screw. off.
3. [+630, -96] Eww, LoliU
It’s perfect how international netizens hedged their opinions on this matter and used the comments of Korean netizens to do so, only to slowly walk their rage back over time as they realized that YET AGAIN the Korean netizens commenting are just deluded idiots and will reach for anything in order to justify their hatred regardless of reality or sanity.
Now that international netizens see people hate on IU for imaginary shit like “trying to look pure in a botanical garden” or “not relaxing her neck”, it’s like they realized how ridiculous they sounded sucking up to these dipshits, which triggered a feeling of regret that they took opinions from people like these seriously and credibly.
The opening with IU and even T-ara… tell SBS I found that difficult to stomach~
Yes, it is always painful to be reminded of those times where you got humiliated after the actual story emerged.
But instead of clinging to it, just admit you were wrong and make a joke of it, like me and asking Saint Clara for forgiveness for ever doubting her.
Oh yeah, the performances are easier to appreciate after this, of course.
I don’t know if IU is actually reveling in it or what, but the fact that I can watch these performances now and think to myself there’s tons of angry fangirls somewhere fucking FUMING at this and banging away at the keyboard just makes the entire experience so much more enjoyable.