When ‘Produce 48‘ was announced, one could just see the impending war brewing. This time not just between fans of certain idols, but also between K-pop and J-pop fans at large.
1. [+564, -51] She can’t sing or dance, how did she become center??????? What about the other Korean trainees? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Unless they purposely put a Japanese as the center for the attention it’d garner
2. [+506, -38] I can already tell what’s going to happen with this season. They’re going to take all those Korean trainees with hopes and dreams and basically treat them like wallpaper to push all the Japanese trainees without any visuals or skills for a free pass into Hallyu. The voting system already isn’t transparent, being the center has no meaning… As many of you believe that you’re an actual producer whose vote matters, it’s all set up so that the few that they’ve already chosen are destined to win. I don’t know how much Japan invested into this show but it’s clear that we’re just being played by their ploy to get into Hallyu.
3. [+353, -28] She’s pretty but I don’t think she’ll be all that talented~ The majority of Japanese idols barely stand a chance against Korean trainees
4. [+26, -3] How are promos supposed to work? You have half the group that can’t speak Japanese or Korean. At least Twice has members who’ve gone through training and can speak the language.
5. [+19, -3] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Now this has gone too far ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+13, -3] She has attitude controversies ㅋㅋㅋ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzKvbXhlzY8
7. [+12, -4] There is such a huge skill and visual gap between K-Pop and J-Pop… do we really have to sit here and endure watching an untalented Japanese take center?
8. [+10, -0] I can already see them laying the groundwork to debut all these Japanese kids
9. [+8, -1] ?? I don’t really care for idols but even I could tell from just watching music videos that there’s a huge skill gap between Korean idols who have gone through professional training and Japanese idols who dance like it’s some talent show. Why would you put a Japanese member as center when you have so many Korean idols who’ve already gone through professional training? Is it for the attention?
10. [+7, -2] I just don’t get why we have to endure untalented Japanese idols who are worse than our own trainees…
Not to worry, it wasn’t just Korean netizens, because the shit continued in the comments with international netizens.
Tears of joy.